Well, the good news is we survived the weekend without Galen (thanks to my parents and Sami) but things could have gone a little smoother. I ended up with the flu the day that he was leaving and spent six hours in the hospital getting IV fluids because I was so dehydrated. Luckily, it did the trick and I was feeling a bit better by the time I came home. On Monday, Gavin and Logan were beyond crabby. Everything made them cry, they didn't even want to go outside and play. After the worlds shortest nap, and multiple meltdowns because "dada" wasn't home, I packed the boys up and we went to the doctor. It turns out that Gavin has an ear infection and Logan has two ear infections. While I hate seeing them sick, it's always a little bit of a relief to know that there is a reason behind their crying. Ten days of antibiotics for them and things should clear up.
Monday night, we went to the airport to pick up Galen. When we were getting ready to go the boys had huge smiles on their faces and kept running around saying "dada dada dada." They were so excited. Gavin even started saying "port" for airport. Galen's flight ended up being a few minutes delayed so Gavin and Logan got to run around the airport, luckily Katie was there to help me chase them around. As soon as they saw Galen, their faces lit up and they went running for him. The whole car ride home they kept saying "dada" and their little voices just sounded so relieved that he was finally back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment