Saturday, August 13, 2011

Good Nights

Wednesday August 10th was a wonderful night at our house.  Gavin and Logan slept for seven and a half hours.  Yes, that's right BOTH babies slept for that long!!  It happened to be a one night thing, but I'll take it for now and it's made us realize that there is hope for Logan to sleep longer.  Since Wednesday they have gotten back to their normal routine, Gavin sleeping about eight hours and Logan more like six. 

I'm starting to wonder if their sleep is being interrupted by each other.  We put them on different ends of the crib but they move during the night.  Gavin has managed to flip 90 degrees a few nights now.  This morning I woke up to Logan crying and went to pick him up, I found Gavin's head by Logan's feet.  Of course Logan was kicking away, but Gavin continued to sleep peacefully.  I know they will eventually have to be separated but they are too cute together. 

Last night the boys stayed home with Galen while I went to work.  The ten hour shift was a bit of a struggle for me.  I really missed the boys.  I found myself constantly wondering what they were doing, if they were smiling, if they were happy and if they were being good for Galen.  But most of all, I missed putting them to bed.   They were fast asleep when I got home and I couldn't bring myself to wake them up because they looked so peaceful.

Today I'm making up for being away from the house last night.  Galen is at work, so Gavin, Logan and I have spent the day in our PJ's being lazy.  They are sleeping in their swings now, exhausted from playing and watching horrible Lifetime movies.  Nothing has been accomplished today except for loving my babies and I'm perfectly okay with that. 

 Holding hands.  Gavin left, Logan right.


 This is how they sleep/fight.  Gavin left, Logan right.
 My Daddy Loves Me sleepers that Galen got for Valentine's Day.  Gavin left, Logan right
Overalls!  Logan left, Gavin right.

No comments:

Post a Comment