Today I took both babies grocery shopping by myself. I have taken them out a lot by myself but never for an entire grocery run. Usually when I take them with me to the store it's a quick trip and we are done in ten minutes. Well not this time.
After spending all morning thinking about how we had no food, I decided that today would be the perfect time to attempt shopping. Luckily, I have a few twin mom friends who are experienced in the grocery shopping with kids department so I knew a strategy to try. Once we got to Cub I put the boys in the side by side stroller, they are really starting to hate being stuck in their carseats. I had way more stuff on my list than what I could fit in the basket so I pulled a cart while pushing the stroller.
And that is why I feel like superwoman. I accomplished something that I thought I wouldn't be able to do until they were much older. I know it probably isn't that big of a deal to anyone but I was pretty impressed with myself. And the little old ladies at Cub were also impressed.
Our shopping spree lasted an hour and the boys were so well behaved. It helps that they can look around while they sit in the stroller. As soon as we got to the checkout lane, Logan started screaming. Once I picked him up he was fine, but I had to hold him while I bagged groceries. More superwoman points?
In other more exciting news, Gavin and Logan turned five months old on Monday! And they are doing great! I think they are both teething, they have been fussy and chewing on anything and everything. Gavin even tried to chew on Bowser's head today. Neither of then have rolled over again, they are either a little lazy or have decided that rolling isn't that fun. They do love to stand though...maybe they will walk before they roll over?
In the past few days they have both really started reaching for things and grabbing them. Now they actually play with the toys on their exersaucer and playmat. Logan figured out how to make his exersaucer play music today, which was cute at first but then the song started to annoye me. They continue to get more vocal every day and are not afraid to let us know when they want something.
Gavin and Logan are still eating one tablespoon of cereal every morning. They were getting cereal in their bottles at night but we decided it wasn't helping them sleep better so we are just doing formula. Once they turn six months old we will start other baby food. I'm still trying to decide if im going to attempt to make it myself or just buy it.
Another big change is that we have purchased new carseats for the boys. They are still in their infant carseats but will meet the height limit pretty soon. So, last weekend my parents babysat and Galen and I got to go to Babies R Us and test out carseats. We found a seat that we liked and they fit in our car, which is always a plus. As exciting as it is to get new things, I'm hoping they make it through the winter in their infant seats. I'm paranoid about slipping on the ice while carrying them.
And last but not least, it's almost been a year since I found out I was pregnant. What a year it has been and I wouldn't change any of it. We are so blessed to have happy, healthy babies, wonderful families and great friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment