Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy 7 Months!!

I know that I write this every time Gavin and Logan get another month older, but where does the time go?  Seriously.  It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the hospital convinced I was never going to get to take my babies home.  And here we are at home, more days than not, because going places with twins is a chore, especially in the winter.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Gavin and Logan love to sit up.  It's pretty much all they want to do.  They are slowly perfecting their sitting skills and we are starting to see fewer face plants.  I've been putting boppy pillows around their waists so I don't have to sit next to them every time they want to sit up.  They are slowly figuring out how to move around on their bellys.  Logan has scooted a few inches backwards even.  But, they still don't really have any interest in rolling over.  I think they figure that it's easier to cry when they want to change positions and then I'll do it for them.

Logan's favorite new activity is to pull Bowser's fur.  And he pulls hard.  He has even pulled out a few handfuls of fur.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't end up with a hairless dog.  Luckily Bowser is patient and just sits there, letting him pull.  Or he spends his days sleeping and only waking up when the babies are sleeping.  Gavin is very gentle with Bowser and likes to just rest his hand on him.  Bowser is developing a strong preference for Gavin and it's not hard to see why. 

The boys are still in six month clothes and aren't really showing any signs of moving to the next size soon.  They are long babies but they are so skinny.  They are still wearing size two diapers but will be moving up to size 2-3 as soon as we are done with this box. 

Galen finished up his classes for the semester today!  He has three finals this week and then he gets to be home for three weeks.  I'm looking forward to spending time with him instead of just handing off babies while I'm on my way to work.  We will have a busy three weeks with three Christmas celebrations, trips to visit my family, painting Gavin and Logan's room and a trip to Nashville!  Yes, a five day stay in Nashville and Gavin and Logan's first time on an airplane. 

And one last thing, today Gavin and Logan share their 7 month birthday with their auntie Sami's  20th birthday!!!  So, happy birthday to my beautiful, talented, smart, amazing younger sister.  She is the best sister anyone could ask for and we were so lucky that she came to visit last weekend.  We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment