Friday, January 27, 2012

Finally!!

Gavin and Logan can finally hold their own bottles!!  We have been waiting for this day for a few months.  This morning, I made them bottles and Logan only wanted to feed himself, so far he has half of his bottle gone.  Gavin thought he would attempt too but then he got lazy so he has a onesie propped up under his bottle.  I don't mind holding their bottles while they eat but it's nice to know that I can change the TV channel without them screaming at me now. 

Logan and Gavin have started to attempt to pull themselves up on stuff.  Gavin tends to be a bit more cautious and Logan is our daredevil.   He would rather stand up and he isn't afraid to let you know it.  Their favorite forms of standing assistance are their playhouse, their race track and of course each other.  Both of them make it to their knees and then aren't really sure where to go from there.  Occasionally they face plant or land on each other.

Another new favorite activity is stealing toys.  If Logan has something, Gavin will steal it and if Gavin has something, Logan will steal it.  It never seems to upset them that their toy is gone, they just pick up another and go back to stealing.  They learned how to play tug o war with Bowser, which they really enjoy.  Bowser will grab one end of the rope and the boys the other, they laugh the entire time. 

I think that one of the best parts about having twins is watching them interact together.  They smile when they see each other and still like to snuggle occasionally.  Also, they try to chew on each others arms/heads/random body parts but it almost looks like they are trying to give kisses.  And Gavin likes to play with Logan's ear when they have their bottles and they still like to hold hands.  It's fun just to sit and watch them together because every day is something different. 

Both boys are working on getting their top teeth.  Today I was actually able to feel Gavin's and I'm guessing we will see it in a day or two.  Sleeping has been going a lot better but they are currently in our bed which means I'm still not getting great sleep.  We are in the process of painting their room and will hopefully be done this weekend, then it's back to the cribs!

One horrible thing about this age is the separation anxiety.  I have to sneak out of the room some days and if they see me disappear they scream and cry.  It's hard to get stuff accomplished so I make the most of my time when they are napping.  They also need constant entertainment and want me to be playing with them/sitting by them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment