Thursday, May 3, 2012

Things I've Learned In The Past Year

1.) We can survive the first year. 
2.) Some days all you can do is cry.
3.) Newborn twins can break a terrorist.
4.) Newborn twins can melt your heart in a second, especially when they cuddle up together.
5.) When you become a parent everything you said you would/wouldn't do goes out the window and you adjust and do what's best.
6.) Some days all you can do is laugh.
7.) Laundry, cleaning and all those other household chores can wait, my kids will never be this age again and I want to soak up every second.
8.) Babies go through an insane amount of laundry. (and diapers)
9.) It does get easier as they get older.
10.) A good support system is essential.
11.) People love twins.  And they love to harass you while shopping with twins, or out in public with twins.
12.) You really do learn a new love when you become a mom.
13.) Becoming a mom makes you love and appreciate your own parents that much more.
14.) Dressing them alike really is adorable, even though I wasn't fond of the idea when I was pregnant.
15.) Their laughter and little babbles are the best sounds ever.
16.) Watching them learn how to do something like sitting up or taking their first steps is the most exciting thing ever.
17.) Checking to see if they are breathing will happen multiple times per night.
18.) Date night is essential.
19.) You can never take too many pictures. 
20.) That I really can't imagine my life without them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment